Thursday 20 June 2013

Short review - Desperation by Stephen King

Continuing the series of short book reviews, here's Desperation by Stephen King.






Though Stephen King is the master of creating characters, the start to this always blows me away. Husband and wife driving across America, a cop with serious issues stops then arrests them on jumped up charges. In the space of ten pages you're hooked. I had to know more about these people, had to find out what happened to them. The further you read into the book they're joined, maybe even replaced, by other well defined characters.


Of course, being Stephen King, it goes all supernatural - a strong theme of good versus evil and religion emerges. This may not be to everyone's taste, indeed had I known I may not have started reading it. By then though it was too late: I was so hooked on the characters, I couldn't have stopped if I'd tried.





No comments:

Post a Comment