Monday 1 July 2013

Lowdham Book Festival

Took a little trip out on Saturday to the Lowdham Book Festival. I have to admit, I've never been before despite it being only a half hour drive away. I've also never really been to a book or literary festival before, so it was a good chance to take a look round and see what actually happens at these sort of things.

Anyway, long story short, had a great afternoon. Unfortunately the events were full so we couldn't get into any of the talks etc, but we had a look round met some very nice people including another local author, found out about Writing East Midlands, and I bought a signed copy of John Harvey's Flesh and Blood.

It made me wonder how many other book festivals there are out there. A quick google search shows loads throughout the year and that's just locally (Buxton Festival coming up soon). Go an hour or two away and you could probably catch one most weekends.






No comments:

Post a Comment